Thursday, March 4, 2010

583 days to the Ironman

Why is Autism on the rise?

One possibility is Thimersal. Thimerosal is the preservative of choice for vaccine manufacturers. First introduced by Eli Lilly and Company in the late 1920s and early 1930s, the company began selling it as a preservative in vaccines in the 1940s. Thimerosal contains 49.6 percent mercury by weight and is metabolized or degraded into ethylmercury and thiosalicylate. The Department of Defense classifies mercury as a hazardous material that could cause death if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. My question is, If mercury is classified as a hazardous material, why is it allowed to be injected into our children?

For more on this you can go to Natural News.

Donation Update

We have some verbal confirmations for donations. Thanks. Please don't forget to add Isaiah's name as the "In honor of" area of the donation page and make sure to add me as "Acknowledgment" person. Without it, I won't be able to correctly track the donations and update our goal.

Yesterday I received a call from Florida. A cycling friend, Lou, got wind of our fundraiser and is on-board. Lou is not only going to donate to Autism Research Inst. but he's also going to use it as a motivational tool to get in better shape. Way to go and Thanks for supporting us.

My friend Alex has also agreed to jump on Team for Isaiah (as he put it). I like the name. I'm going to check into having shirts, cycling jerseys, hats... made up. If I can get them made inexpensively maybe we can resell them and donate proceeds to Autism Research. Thanks Alex.

We Need an Artist

Would anyone be interested in creating a "Team for Isaiah" logo? It would be a donation of time on your part but we would greatly appreciate it.

Training Update

Ran a 10k last night. My time was a little slow but it was pretty hilly, at least for me. I'll be working and traveling today but I plan to do some cycling at some point today. I've decided to start my morning at trainings at 0430. That means waking up at 0400. YUK! But it'll give me the chance to do two a days without taking so much time away from the family.

No comments: