Monday, May 24, 2010

Do I Need to Vaccinate My Child

Today, according to the CDC’s recommended immunization schedule, a child receives 36 shots containing a total of 126 vaccines from birth through six years of age. This is quadruple the number of vaccines a child received in the 1980’s. In 1983 a child received only 10 shots containing 30 vaccines. Could this quadrupling of the vaccination schedule be responsible for the drastic increase in childhood disorders we are seeing today?

Today, one in five children suffers from asthma, one in six children is diagnosed with a learning disability, one in 150 children is diagnosed with autism, one in 250 children has some form of arthritis, and one in every 400 children has diabetes.


Are we trading chickenpox, measles, mumps, rubella, and other harmless childhood illnesses for a lifetime of chronic disease?

Did you know, If you have religious reasons or a family medical history that would give you cause for concern, your child may be eligible to NOT be vaccinated. Click HERE for a list of Vaccine Exempt Forms by State.

Keep in mind, you have legal battles ahead of you is you decide not to vaccinate. Please research thoroughly before making your decision.

I joined South Sound Triathlete club. This has put me in touch with a number of people who have successfully completed multiple triathlons of varying distances. They also have proven workout schedules to help me meet my goals.

My first day out with the club was most humbling. I really felt my cycling skills were above average for an old guy. But, my 50+ miles with the club was torture. These guys and gals, both younger and older, drove me into the ground. I had one of my best days on the bike and still was inadequate compared to the rest of the team. I'm excited because there's nothing I can do but improve.

I'll keep you updated on the progress.

No comments: